Menopause & perimenopause
Do you feel like hormones are running your life?
by Dixie Mills, MD, FACS
Menopause symptoms are neither normal nor necessary. What you are suffering from is hormonal imbalance which is caused by too many demands on your body, without enough support.
The good news is that there are natural options that will bring you lasting relief. Let’s take a look at how you can put your hormones in their place so you can regain control of your life and feel the way you want to feel!
Menopause brings a wide range of symptoms
"The Program took my hot flashes away." ~Valette More Videos
To start, think about the number of symptoms you suffer from today. Most women come to us with one or two symptoms but quickly realize that they have many more. In our database — the largest menopause symptom database in the world — women report, on average, eight significant symptoms.
Here are the most common:
- Hot flashes and/or night sweats
- Cravings for sweets or carbohydrates
- Diminished sexual desire, vaginal dryness
- Irritability, mood swings, depression, and/or anxiety
- Insomnia or restless sleep
- Fuzzy thinking (difficulty concentrating, memory problems)
- Weight gain, especially around the middle
- Stiffness and joint issues
- Irregular periods
Other menopause symptoms include headaches, heart palpitations, thinning hair, dry skin, dry eyes, increased facial hair, urinary dysfunction, and digestive problems.
I remind my patients that while the average age of menopause is 52, symptoms can start months or even several years before your period ends.
Hormonal imbalance is the underlying cause
While the symptoms of menopause range dramatically, they all are signs of hormonal imbalance. Not surprisingly hormonal imbalance tends to peak during the perimenopause and menopause years as your hormones fluctuate with greater extremes.
At Women to Women, when we work with women to find relief, we look at the whole menopause picture, not just certain aspects of it. As one of the co-founders of the Women to Women Personal Program, I am proud to say that we understand every woman has a unique hormonal profile – in terms of both her supply of, and need for, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone (yes, women need testosterone, too!) and every women lives in her own “world” or environment which influences those hormones.
Relief for menopause symptoms — naturally and effectively
We developed the Personal Program for Menopause because there was no option for women who wanted to pursue an effective, natural program. It is an at-home version of the successful approach provided to patients at the Women to Women Clinic for over 25 years.
The Personal Program for Menopause comes in individual versions that match your level of symptoms to our solutions.
- Essential Nutrients — our own pharmaceutical-grade nutritional formula that gives your body the nutrients it needs to help restore and maintain hormonal balance, and to help offset the stress that today’s diet places on your body.
- Herbal Equilibrium — our phytotherapeutic (plant-based) supplement designed especially for women like you who need to regain hormonal balance. Herbal Equilibrium is the cornerstone of our Personal Program, and has been shown — scientifically and empirically — to relieve menopause symptoms by supporting your body’s ability to restore its own natural hormonal balance. The herbs in Herbal Equilibrium help regulate all three of the fluctuating hormones that are at the root of your menopause symptoms — estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
- Member Guide — vital dietary and lifestyle guidance to help you take the steps needed for optimal long-term health and well-being. Includes tips and insider information to help you get the results you want.
- Complimentary Phone Consultations — free guidance from our expert-trained Wellness Coaches, as well as optional consultations with our Nurse-Educators.
- Free Member Tools —track your progress on-line, ask questions whenever you need to, and personalize your experience as a Member.
Now, let me remind you that because it took you awhile to get where you are today, the Program won’t work overnight. If your symptoms are severe, it may take several weeks for your body to restore balance. But most women feel a difference within two weeks, and notice significant improvement in just 30 days. These early changes will give you the motivation to continue and as long as you stick with the Program as much as possible, you’ll be surprised by how good you’ll feel.
To help you get started, we’ve structured the Personal Program as a risk-free trial, customized to match the severity of your symptoms — you get your money back if you’re not satisfied. If you’re already on HRT, but interested in discontinuing it, we have a special Program designed just for you. The Personal Program has helped tens of thousands of women get natural relief from their menopause symptoms. We’re confident that it can help you too.
Comment on this article:
Last Modified Date: 05/27/2011