Pick Enterprises Privacy Disclosures
Last Updated: May 1, 2013
INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
We collect information that can identify you, such as your name and email address (“personal information”), as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information can be sent to servers that are located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Information you provide. We can collect and store personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes information that identifies you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date, or other financial information). We also might request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information, such as your hometown or your username, and we will collect that information as well.
Information you provide about others. We can collect and store personal information about other individuals that you might provide to us, such as their name, mailing address, and email address. If you use our website to send other people (such as friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we can store your personal information, as well as the personal information of each such recipient, in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted “cookies” that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies” to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also can automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the webpages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. During your visits to other websites where we might advertise, we (or other third parties) might use certain data collected on our website to show you the type of Pick Enterprises advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. Although you cannot opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you can control the collection of data on our website used for targeted Pick Enterprises advertising during your visits to other websites. To opt-out of Pick Enterprises data collection for targeted advertising on other websites, click here: Opt Out Now. Almost all browsers automatically accept cookies, although you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. But if you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
Other Technologies. We can use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our website. We also can include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether these messages are being opened and acted upon by the recipient. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors, to deliver targeted advertisements, and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming, or other activities.
Information collected by third-parties. We might allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our website. These companies might also use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about the users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. The non-personal information only allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and to gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies might be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
How we use the information we collect
We can use the information that we collect about you to enable us to do one or more of the following tasks:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested.
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or the products, services or content offered by third parties.
- Communicate with you by email, U.S. postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about products or services that we think might be of interest to you either from us or other third parties.
- Develop and display content and advertising that is tailored to your interests on our website and other websites.
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests or sweepstakes.
- Enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Manage our business.
- Provide Pick Enterprises advertisements to you when you visit other websites.
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We can use financial information or method of payment process for purchases that you make on our website, to enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Who we might share your information with
We do not share your personal information with anyone else except as indicated below, or when we ask you first and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We can share your personal information with:
- Service providers: We may share your personal information, which can include your name and contact information (including email address), with third parties who perform certain services on our behalf. These services can include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, customer screenings, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other features offered through our website. We can also share your name, contact information, and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process your credit card payments. These service providers can have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions but they are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Business partners: When you register or make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements that are offered on third-party websites, we can share personal information with the businesses with whom we partner to offer you the applicable products, services, or advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant. To opt-out of cookies that might be set by third-party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Other Situations. We can also disclose your information, including your personal information:
In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we can raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We can share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We can share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We can combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also can share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that might result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information can be required in order for you to sign in, purchase products or services, participate in a survey, ask a question, or initiate other transactions while on our website.
At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by visiting the “Account Settings” page associated with your account. When you register on our website, you will consent, or be given a choice as to whether you don’t consent, to receive email messages from us about special offers. You can modify this consent later by visiting the “Account Settings” page associated with your account. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We might send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you change your preferences or update your information, you might have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- You can tell us to not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by visiting the “Account Settings” page associated with your account after you have registered.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. See the information below for information about declining or deleting cookies.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
We provide areas on our websites where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others or upload content. Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions of Use. In addition, such postings might appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable webpages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, then you might receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users might do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us