by Marcelle Pick, OB/GYN NP
- You’re irritable and quick to lose your temper.
- You’re prone to road rage or become extremely angry over little things.
- You feel as though you’re constantly on edge, ready to “lose it” at the least little thing.
- You feel listless, depressed, or emotionally numb.
- Your sex drive is low.
- You frequently have nightmares.
- You often feel an overpowering urge to cry.
- You have trouble concentrating or feel mentally foggy.
- You suffer from free-floating anxiety.
- You are easily startled.
- You simply feel stressed all the time.
- Everything seems like a chore.
As you can see, some of the symptoms are contradictory: can’t sleep/can’t stay
awake; always on edge/listless and depressed. That’s because adrenal dysfunction is a progressive condition that moves through successive phases, manifesting differently as the condition gets worse. The condition also shows up differently in different women, primarily as three main types.